Hello, readers!

Hello, readers!

I am not currently on the road. Please check back periodically later this year as I have no idea when I'll be traveling! August? September? October? Who knows!

Cheers,
Kelly

Monday, September 1, 2014

Views of the valley (apparently my car is the best view there is)

8.26

It was nice to not have to pack up my tent this morning – much easier to just get out and go! Jane and I headed towards Glacier Point. Though it is possible to hike it (4.4 mi hike) I wanted to get some pictures with her and Half Dome in the background, so I opted to drive.

Our first stop was Tunnel View, one of the most famous views of Yosemite Valley. So here's some pictures of Jane and Tunnel View. Note that in every single one of these pictures, someone has turned around from the view to instead take pictures of Jane. Like my dad said, “You know you've got something special when...”

Red shirt.
Blue shirt.
Brown shirt noticed I caught him and turned away really fast
Just me, that's all
We eventually got up to Glacier Point and I got myself some ice cream and just enjoyed the view for a bit. While I was up there a couple approached me to ask if I would film them doing the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge for them (if you don't know what that is, it's a fundraiser to support ALS and part of it requires that you pour a bucket of ice water over your head for whatever reason). I'd say they're probably the only people to do it from Glacier Point and it turned out pretty spectacular! Nice couple.





Anyways, after I got tired of spectating, I hiked up to Sentinel Dome via the back way because I didn't want to have to find parking at the trailhead (by that point it was very crowded). It's steeper coming from Glacier Point but I didn't really mind because it was still less steep than the waterfall trail from the day prior! At the top of Sentinel Dome you get a full 360* panoramic view of Yosemite Valley – truly breathtaking. If my camera would make panoramas I would post one, but it doesn't so I'm going to have to stitch it myself when I get a computer with Photoshop again. Anyways, here's just one picture from the top of Sentinel:



After my hike I went to Curry Village for a FIVE DOLLAR shower (holy cow) and then came back to the campsite early. If I wasn't going to Vegas tomorrow I would have skipped the shower, but I didn't want to arrive at a populated area in my unshowered state... it would not have been pretty! So that's where I'm at now – clean, semi-rested, and just hanging out prior to my seven-hour drive tomorrow. Kelly signing out.

One last picture... I took a lot of pictures of this guy before he noticed me

No comments:

Post a Comment